Progressive Sports Medicine Center
At The Equine Center, we are able to provide either in-hospital or at-the-farm evaluation of your horse’s soundness and help develop a plan to help your horse perform his best and feel in top shape.
ANALYSIS AND TREATMENTS OFFERED
- Inertial Motion Detector Analysis
- Physiological Imaging – Nuclear Scintigraphy (Bone Scan)/Thermography
- Anatomical Imaging – Digital Radiography/Ultrasound
- Upper airway Endoscopy and Gastroscopy
- Progressive Sports Therapies, Treatments, Rehabilitation and Strength Training.
At TEC we have a FEI (Fédération Equestre Internationale) accredited veterinarians on staff certified in Eventing, Jumping, Dressage, Reining and Vaulting. Our FEI certified treating veterinarians work closely with high level Equine competitors and trainers. Our staff veterinarians have experience in all areas of Equine competition, including the Olympic and Pan American games.
The Equine Center has the clinical expertise and the county’s most technologically advanced diagnostic imaging equipment, physiologic and anatomic, needed to accurately assess any horse’s performance condition.
Physiologic imaging is dynamic and sensitive showing how the tissues are currently living and includes nuclear scintigraphy (bone scan) and infrared thermography. A thermographic exam might detect metabolic changes related to active inflammation, blood flow, or nerve conduction. Physiological Imaging tells you where to look with the anatomical imaging devices.
Anatomic imaging, which includes digital radiography, ultrasound, and MRI, reveals the current state of a specific affected area. These techniques show one static moment in time of a body part and are not sensitive to metabolic changes in blood flow or nerve conduction. As such, TEC’s unique combination of Physiologic and Anatomic imaging tools allows us to quickly and precisely locate all of the areas that are affecting your horse’s performance.
SPORT HORSE TREATMENTS TO GET YOUR HORSE BACK TO TOP FORM
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Joint Injections
- Diagnostic and therapeutic management of back pain – Accu-injections; Mesotherapy
- Objective Saddle Fit analysis with Thermography and Lameness Locator Rider Module
- Regenerative therapies (IRAP, PRP, STEM Cell therapy)
- Subclinical Performance issues analysis and treatment
- Assistance with physical or behavioral issues that limit your equine athlete
- Chiropractic evaluation and treatments
- Podiatry and radiographic assisted shoeing.
The Equine Center has successfully rehabilitated hundreds of injuries such as tendons, ligaments, joint and back pain as well as recoveries from surgical procedures. The high speed treadmill is also utilized by Owners of local show and event horses as an addition to their conditioning program to enhance their horse’s top line and over all fitness.
The Equine Center has a team of experienced sports medicine veterinarians and staff that work alongside owners, trainers, chiropractors, farriers and other horse professionals to evaluate a horse’s condition and their physical potential. We can design the most appropriate course of action to meet your goals, whether that is a return from injury or a maintenance plan for fitness. The Equine Center has successfully rehabilitated hundreds of injuries such as tendons, ligaments, joint and back pain as well as recoveries from surgical procedures. The high speed treadmill is also utilized by Owners of local show and event horses as an addition to their conditioning program to enhance their horse’s top line and over all fitness.